Welcome to the Family Pray-Ground at St. Nicholas Anglican Church!
Feb. 18th to Mar.25th is Lent and the Family Pray-ground Theme is:
“Turn Lent Inside Out – Mapping our Community Action Plan”
Come join us each week in Lent to learn about what is going on in our community as presented by various guest speakers, each talking about a different aspect of living out our baptismal vows:
Feb. 18: Guest speaker Janelle from the RCMP will speak about justice and peace.
Feb. 25: Combined Service @ 9:30am, Guest speaker Marilyn from St. Nicholas will speak about respecting the dignity of every human being.
Mar. 4: Guest speaker Lisa from the Synod Office will speak about continuing the apostles’ teaching and fellowship, in the breaking of the bread and in prayers.
Mar. 11: Guest speaker Suzanne a student from the Environment Network will speak about safeguarding the integrity of God’s creation, by respecting, sustaining and renewing the life of the earth.
Mar. 18: Guest speaker Janice from the Chaplain Hospital will speak about loving your neighbor as yourselves.
Mar. 25: Palm Sunday Combined Service at 9:30am: The Last Supper!
What is the Family Pray-Ground Service?
- A service where the whole family of St. Nicholas will learn and worship together.
- Sunday school hasn’t been working so we are trying to offer something new.
- Services will be led by both adults and children.
- Readings will be family friendly.
- Prayers will be given/written by families.
- Communion will have child-friendly options.
- The whole St. Nicholas Family will learn together using many different mediums to engage all ages in spiritual exploration and discussions.
- Music will be modern and engaging.
Methods of Engagement within worship:
- Discussions on specified topics
- Stories/presentations/movie clips/melodramas
- Sundays at 10:30am